Course Reflection

In the beginning of this course, I thought that it was a huge mistake staying in this class. I had a lot of doubts about whether or not this class was going to benefit me and whether or not it was beneficial to my major. However, I decided to stick it through and see what I would have gotten out of it. From the beginning of the semester to now, I can honestly say that I am glad that I was able to stay and endured the learning process. Certain parts of the classes were hard to understand it was also in turn weird for me because I never had to learn how to analyze books through a computer.

I learned various things throughout this class and it was topics that I know I would have never learned elsewhere. This is a class that helps you grow as an individual because it helps you see that you are not alone and all the students surrounding you were all in the same boat as you. It forced you to interact with others and to also help each other. Communication skills and community skills were created through this class. Would I ever take a class like this again? Honestly, that is still a pending decision.

There was not an overall difficulty in this class because everything was explained in steps. The only thing that I would say that was difficult were the projects towards the end of the semester. Some projects were easy to catch up on and others took a while to get. In my opinion, it was difficult because of the various steps. But when you look at the overall picture, you needed one topic to show you the way through another project. Each project contributed to another project and that made it a little bit easier.

I would recommend this class to others because it was a change of pace and a change of direction. As English majors we are focused on writing and analyzing a book or a chapter by using other schools of thought that we sometimes forget that there are other resources that can help us. Technology has advanced and I think that as a group of individuals, we need to acknowledge that and use it to our advantage. Overall, it was a great class and I do believe that I learned a lot and I received more than I expected.